Scotland’s Sacred Islands with Ben Fogle Season 2 brings the beloved presenter and explorer back to Scotland’s picturesque islands. Join Ben Fogle as he explores these scenic landscapes, uncovering the profound role of faith and belief within today’s Scottish communities. Here is all the information you need to watch Scotland’s Sacred Islands with Ben Fogle Season 2 in Ireland on BBC iPlayer for free.
In the first season in 2021, Ben Fogle explored Shetland and the Hebrides. Now, in the new season with four episodes, he begins his journey on the island of Arran.
Quick steps: How to watch Scotland’s Sacred Islands with Ben Fogle Season 2 in Ireland on BBC iPlayer for free using a VPN
Why do we need a VPN to watch Scotland’s Sacred Islands with Ben Fogle Season 2 on BBC iPlayer in Ireland?
BBC iPlayer is only accessible in the UK due to licensing agreements. If you attempt to watch Scotland’s Sacred Islands with Ben Fogle in Ireland, the system will detect your non-UK IP address and block access, resulting in an error message. To watch the series in Ireland, you can use a VPN by connecting to a UK server.
Watch Scotland’s Sacred Islands with Ben Fogle Season 2 in Ireland on BBC iPlayer online for free
To watch Scotland’s Sacred Islands with Ben Fogle Season 2, a VPN is essential due to geo-restrictions on all streaming platforms, including BBC iPlayer, which is limited to the UK. To access it from Ireland, you’ll need to connect your VPN to a UK server.
The best VPN for streaming Scotland’s Sacred Islands with Ben Fogle Season 2 in Ireland on BBC iPlayer
ExpressVPN is a top-tier VPN service, renowned for its lightning-fast speeds and exceptional streaming capabilities. It’s the ideal choice for watching Scotland’s Sacred Islands with Ben Fogle Season 2 in Ireland on BBC iPlayer and accessing geo-restricted content with ease.
- Server Network: With 3,000 servers in 105 countries, ExpressVPN provides users with a vast selection of server locations to choose from. This ensures that you can access content from around the world, even if you’re located far away.
- UK Accessibility: ExpressVPN boasts servers in 5 UK locations, which is perfect for reliable access to streaming services like BBC iPlayer, Sky Go, Netflix UK, ITV Hub, All 4, and My5. This is especially valuable for users looking to enjoy British content from abroad.
- High-Speed Streaming: ExpressVPN offers lightning-fast speeds, making it an excellent choice for streaming content. Whether you’re watching movies, TV shows, or live sports, you can enjoy buffer-free streaming.
- Multi-Device Compatibility: ExpressVPN allows up to 8 simultaneous device connections on a single subscription. This means you can protect and access content on a variety of devices, from your Windows or Mac computer to your iOS and Android devices, even routers and smart TVs.
- Streaming Compatibility: ExpressVPN is compatible with a wide range of streaming platforms, including Hulu, HBO Max, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, and more. You can access your favorite content without geo-restrictions.
- Cross-Platform Support: ExpressVPN supports a variety of operating systems, including Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Linux. It can also be configured on routers, ensuring that your entire network is protected.
Private Internet Access VPN
Private Internet Access VPN is a user-friendly service offering customization, a vast server network, and simultaneous device connections. It’s an excellent choice for privacy and security. Plus, it allows you to watch Scotland’s Sacred Islands with Ben Fogle Season 2 in Ireland on BBC iPlayer, expanding your content options.
- Extensive Server Network: PIA boasts a vast network of over 29,650 servers located in 91 countries. This extensive server coverage ensures uncrowded and stable connections, reducing lag and enhancing overall browsing and streaming experiences.
- Customizable Settings: PIA VPN provides a wide range of customizable settings, allowing users to optimize their VPN experience according to their preferences. Whether you want to tweak encryption options or select specific servers, PIA gives you control.
- Unlimited Simultaneous Device Connections: With PIA, you can connect an unlimited number of devices simultaneously on a single subscription. This is particularly advantageous for households or users with multiple devices.
- Streaming Compatibility: PIA VPN works seamlessly with popular streaming platforms like BBC iPlayer, Netflix UK, ITV Hub, All 4, My5, and Hulu. It allows you to access geo-restricted content from various regions.
- Device Compatibility: PIA VPN is compatible with a wide range of devices and operating systems, including Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, and smart TVs. This ensures you can protect your online privacy and security on virtually any device you use.
|3 Years + 4 Months||$79|
What is Scotland’s Sacred Islands with Ben Fogle Season 2 all about?
Adventurer Ben Fogle is on a personal journey as he explores Scotland’s most remote islands, where he uncovers that their spiritual history still matters today.
Scotland’s Sacred Islands with Ben Fogle Season 2 Release date and premiere
The second season of Scotland’s Sacred Island with Ben Fogle made its debut on Tuesday, October 17, 2023, at 8 pm, and the second episode is scheduled to premiere on October 24, 2023, at the same time. The series is available to stream on BBC iPlayer.
How many episodes are there in Scotland’s Sacred Islands with Ben Fogle Season 2?
Scotland’s Sacred Islands with Ben Fogle Season 2 is a 4-part series in which Ben explores the essence of community and spirituality on various Scottish islands, including Tiree, Taransay, Iona, Harris, South Uist, and the Shetland Isles.
Here’s a guide to the episodes:
Episode 1 – 17 October 2023
During his journey to Arran and the Holy Isle, Ben Fogle discovers that they serve as sanctuaries for various faiths and belief systems. He engages in activities such as baking Jewish challah bread and pays a visit to a Buddhist peace center.
Episode 2 – 24 October 2023
Ben Fogle embarks on a journey to Islay and Jura, retracing the path of 6th-century Christian monks through challenging waters. His mission is to uncover communities that demonstrate exceptional care and support for one another.
Episode 3 – 31 October 2023
Ben Fogle sets his course for the Orkney Isles to explore the legacy of Norse Christianity and how it continues to be a contemporary destination for pilgrims, providing a space where individuals can connect with deep-rooted history and find solace.
- Episode 4 – TBA
Scotland’s Sacred Islands with Ben Fogle Season 2 official trailer
Here’s the Season 2 trailer for Scotland’s Sacred Islands with Ben Fogle, where he explores remote Scottish islands and finds their enduring spiritual significance.
This sacred spot on Holy Isle is where Saint Molaise once lived.— BBC Scotland (@BBCScotland) October 20, 2023
New Scotland’s Sacred Islands with Ben Fogle is available now on @BBCiPlayer https://t.co/N7rgm5rRqr#ScotlandsSacredIslands pic.twitter.com/c7yLF9tayi
Scotland’s Sacred Islands with Ben Fogle Season 2 The Cast
Ben Fogle, the host of Scotland’s Sacred Islands, explores Arran and Holy Island. He discovers how these places offer safety to people of various beliefs and backgrounds. Ben even tries baking Jewish challah and visits a peaceful Buddhist center.
In this show, Ben Fogle, an award-winning broadcaster, author, and adventurer, takes a personal journey across Scottish islands, meeting folks deeply connected to their spirituality and the places they call home.
Scotland’s Sacred Islands with Ben Fogle Season 2 — who are some of the people that Ben meets?
In the first episode, Ben meets Fiona Laing, an Arran local who selflessly volunteers for the coastguard, and fire service, and serves as a first responder, earning her the title of a community hero.
Ben also has a conversation with Buddhist Monk Karma Zangpo, a resident of Holy Isle. He mentions that the Holy Isle, once a sacred site for Christian pilgrims in the 6th century, is now a spiritual home for a Buddhist community attracted by its profound serenity and surreal appearance as you approach it from the sea.
Scotland’s Sacred Islands with Ben Fogle Season 2 – what happens in episode one?
The series begins with Ben taking a ferry to the Isle of Arran, known as ‘Scotland in miniature.’ He meets the Curries, a farming family with a deep connection to the land. He explores a prefab church, learns to make challah bread from the island’s only practicing Jews, visits a Buddhist Peace Centre, and discovers Celtic herbal remedies in a cliff-top garden. Finally, he performs a personal poem at the Arran Folk Festival.
Scotland’s Sacred Islands with Ben Fogle Season 2 director
In Scotland’s Sacred Islands with Ben Fogle Season 2, Craig Collinson directs, while Richard Collier and Katie Melville manage production. Harry Bell is the executive producer, Rod McLean is the editor, and Craig Collinson also serves as the series producer.
Flora Stewart is the producer, and Tern Television Productions handles production. Together, they explore Scotland’s sacred islands in this second season of the series.
Which locations does Ben visit later in the series?
In the first part of his journey, he explored the beautiful isles of Arran and also Holy Isle, which is right nearby on Arran’s east coast. In the next episode, he headed to the Isles of Islay and Jura, and in the third episode, he made his way to the Orkney Isles. The series wraps up in episode four, where he concludes his adventure by exploring the stunning Isle of Skye.
What does Ben say about this new series?
This series has strengthened my belief in the beauty of Scotland’s islands and the resilience of their communities. I’ve been touched by the deep connection these places have with nature.
When meeting the people and communities, I realized they were welcoming to outsiders, as long as they shared the same values and became a part of the community and its surroundings.
Furthermore, the islands have a calming and restorative effect, offering an alternative to the fast pace of mainland life. They have close-knit communities with a mix of modern and traditional values. It’s heartwarming to know that such warm-hearted places exist in the world.
Is Scotland’s Sacred Islands with Ben Fogle Season 2 available on Netflix?
No Scotland’s Sacred Islands with Ben Fogle Season 2 isn’t available on Netflix.
What time will Scotland’s Sacred Islands with Ben Fogle Season 2 airs on BBC iPlayer?
Scotland’s Sacred Islands with Ben Fogle Season 2 will be available for streaming on BBC iPlayer at 8:00 PM.
Join Ben Fogle on a journey through Scotland’s diverse islands in ‘Scotland’s Sacred Islands.’ In this heartfelt exploration, Ben uncovers the rich tapestry of faith and culture binding these unique communities, from Arran to Holy Island and beyond. He showcases the profound connections that spirituality creates within these breathtaking landscapes. To watch the series in Ireland, you may need a VPN to connect to a UK server and bypass geo-restrictions.