Get ready for the most star-studded night in British television! This weekend, the BAFTA Television Awards return to London to celebrate the biggest and brightest names from the small screen. With live red carpet coverage online and the glitzy ceremony airing on TV, viewers can expect to witness some of the most impactful TV moments from the past 12 months being honored. Here, we’ve got you covered with all the essential details on how to watch the BAFTA TV Awards 2023 in the US on BBC iPlayer for free.
Quick steps: How to watch BAFTA TV Awards 2023 in the US on BBC iPlayer for free using a VPN
BAFTA TV Awards 2023 air date and time
Mark your calendars! The highly anticipated 2023 BAFTA Television Awards are set to dazzle on Sunday, May 14th, honoring the best in the TV industry. The event will start at these times:
- 7pm BST (UK)
- 2pm ET (East Coast US)
- 11am PT (West Coast US)
- 8pm CET (Central Europe)
Where are the BAFTA TV 2023 Awards taking place?
The BAFTA Television Awards 2023 will be held at the Royal Festival Hall in London, situated on the picturesque South Bank. The presenters, nominees, and guests will arrive in the afternoon before the show is recorded, and it will be broadcasted on Sunday, May 14th evening.
Who is hosting the 2023 TV BAFTAs?
The live audience at the Festival Hall and those tuning in at home can expect a dose of humor as the BAFTA Television Awards will be hosted by popular stand-up comedians and TV presenters, Romesh Ranganathan and Rob Beckett.
Where can I watch BAFTA TV Awards 2023 in the US for free?
The 2023 BAFTA Television Awards can be streamed on BBC iPlayer from 7 pm to 9 pm. For viewers in the US, a VPN is required to watch the ceremony.
Who is set to appear at the 2023 TV BAFTAs?
In addition to Romesh Ranganathan and Rob Beckett, who will be the main hosts of the BAFTA Television Awards, several other big names are expected to make appearances at the prestigious ceremony. Amelia Dimoldenberg, a popular YouTube personality, will host the backstage coverage, while BBC Radio 1’s Clara Amfo and Drag Race judge Michelle Visage will host the red carpet coverage and interview some of the high-profile guests attending the event.
Throughout the evening, several celebrities, including David Tennant, Catherine Tate, Golda Rosheuvel, Lenny Henry, and Dannii Minogue, among others, will take the stage to present awards to the deserving winners.
BAFTA TV Awards 2023 nominations: full list of nominees
Comedy Entertainment Programme
- Friday Night Live (Channel 4)
- The Graham Norton Show (BBC One)
- Taskmaster (Channel 4)
- Would I Lie to You? (BBC One)
- Afghanistan: No Country for Women: Exposure (ITV1)
- Children of the Taliban (Channel 4)
- The Crossing: Exposure (ITV1)
- Mariupol: The People’s Story – Panorama (BBC One)
- The Chase (ITV1)
- The Repair Shop: A Royal Visit (BBC One)
- Scam Interceptors (BBC One)
- Bad Sisters (Apple TV+)
- The Responder (BBC One)
- Sherwood (BBC One)
- Somewhere Boy (Channel 4)
- Big Zuu – Big Zuu’s Big Eats (Dave)
- Claudia Winkleman – The Traitors (BBC One)
- Lee Mack – The 1% Club (ITV1)
- Mo Gilligan – The Lateish Show With Mo Gilligan (Channel 4)
- Rosie Jones – Rosie Jones’s Trip Hazard (Channel 4)
- Sue Perkins – Sue Perkins: Perfectly Legal (Netflix)
- Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway (ITV)
- Later … With Jools Holland: Jools’s 30th Birthday Bash (BBC Two)
- The Masked Singer (ITV)
- Strictly Come Dancing (BBC One)
- Jeremy Kyle Show: Death on Daytime (Channel 4)
- Libby, Are You Home Yet? (Sky Crime)
- Vatican Girl: The Disappearance of Emanuela Orlandi (Netflix)
- Worlds Collide: The Manchester Bombing (ITV1)
- Big Zuu’s Big Eats (Dave)
- Joe Lycett vs Beckham: Got Your Back at Xmas (Channel 4)
- The Martin Lewis Money Show Live (ITV1)
- The Misadventures of Romesh Ranganathan (BBC Two)
Female Performance in a Comedy Programme
- Daisy May Cooper – Am I Being Unreasonable? (BBC One)
- Diane Morgan – Cunk on Earth (BBC Two)
- Lucy Beaumont – Meet the Richardsons (Dave)
- Natasia Demetriou – Ellie & Natasia (BBC Three)
- Siobhán McSweeney – Derry Girls (Channel 4)
- Taj Atwal – Hullraisers (Channel 4)
- The Bear (Disney Plus)
- Dahmer – Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story (Netflix)
- Wednesday (Netflix)
- Oussekine (Itineraire)
- Pachinko (Apple TV+)
- The White Lotus (Sky Atlantic)
- Ben Whishaw – This Is Going to Hurt (BBC One)
- Chaske Spencer – The English (BBC Two)
- Cillian Murphy – Peaky Blinders (BBC One)
- Gary Oldman – Slow Horses (Apple TV+)
- Martin Freeman – The Responder (BBC One)
- Taron Egerton – Black Bird (Apple TV+)
- Billie Piper – I Hate Suzie Too (Sky Atlantic)
- Imelda Staunton – The Crown (Netflix)
- Kate Winslet – I Am Ruth (Channel 4)
- Maxine Peake – Anne (Channel 4)
- Sarah Lancashire – Julia (Sky Atlantic)
- Vicky McClure – Without Sin (ITVX)
- Concert for Ukraine (ITV1)
- Platinum Jubilee: Party at the Palace (BBC One)
- The State Funeral of HM Queen Elizabeth II (BBC One)
Male Performance in a Comedy Programme
- Daniel Radcliffe – Weird: The Al Yankovic Story (The Roku Channel)
- Jon Pointing – Big Boys (Channel 4)
- Joseph Gilgun – Brassic (Sky Max)
- Lenny Rush – Am I Being Unreasonable? (BBC One)
- Matt Berry – What We Do in the Shadows (Disney Plus)
- Stephen Merchant – The Outlaws (BBC One)
- A Spy Among Friends (ITVX)
- Mood (BBC Three)
- The Thief, His Wife and the Canoe (ITV1)
- This Is Going to Hurt (BBC One)
- Paddington Meets The Queen
- Heartstopper – Nick and Charlie’s First Kiss
- Derry Girls – The finale
- Stranger Things – Kate Bush’s Running Up That Hill
- The Traitors – Final Roundtable
- The Real Mo Farah
- BBC News at 10: Russia Invades Ukraine (BBC One)
- Channel 4 News: Live in Kyiv (Channel 4)
- Good Morning Britain: Boris Johnson Interview (ITV1)
Reality & Constructed Factual
- Freddie Flintoff’s Field of Dreams (BBC One)
- RuPaul’s Drag Race UK (BBC Three)
- The (BBC One)
- We Are Black and British (BBC Two)
- Am I Being Unreasonable? (BBC One)
- Big Boys (Channel 4)
- Derry Girls (Channel 4)
- Ghosts (BBC One)
Short Form Programme
- Always, Asifa (Together TV)
- Biscuitland (All 4)
- How to Be a Person (E4)
- Kingpin Cribs (YouTube/Channel 4)
- Chernobyl: The Lost Tapes (Sky Documentaries)
- Escape from Kabul Airport (BBC Two)
- Our Falklands War: A Frontline Story (BBC Two)
- The Real Mo Farah (BBC One)
- I Am Ruth (Channel 4)
- The House (Netflix)
- Life and Death in the Warehouse (BBC Three)
Soap & Continuing Drama
- Casualty (BBC One)
- EastEnders (BBC One)
- Emmerdale (ITV1)
- AIDS: The Unheard Tapes (BBC Two)
- The Green Planet (BBC One)
- How to Survive a Dictator with Munya Chawawa (Channel 4)
- Russia 1985-1999: Traumazone (BBC iPlayer)
- Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games (BBC One)
- UEFA Women’s Euro 2022 (BBC One)
- Wimbledon 2022 (BBC One)
- Adeel Akhtar – Sherwood (BBC One)
- Jack Lowden – Slow Horses (Apple TV+)
- Josh Finan – The Responder (BBC One)
- Salim Daw – The Crown (Netflix)
- Samuel Bottomley – Somewhere Boy (Channel 4)
- Will Sharpe – The White Lotus (Sky Atlantic)
- Adelayo Adedayo – The Responder (BBC One)
- Anne-Marie Duff – Bad Sisters (Apple TV+)
- Fiona Shaw – Andor (Disney Plus)
- Jasmine Jobson – Top Boy (Netflix)
- Lesley Manville – Sherwood (BBC One)
- Saffron Hocking – Top Boy (Netflix)
What are the fan reactions to BAFTA TV Awards 2023?
We are thrilled to announce that our choir was part of the Queen's Platinum Jubilee: Party at the Palace, which has been nominated for the Best Live Event at the BAFTA TV Awards 2023! Congratulations to the entire team, we are honoured to have been a part of this amazing project pic.twitter.com/eCudCQWmDy— Citizens of the World Refugee Choir 🧡 (@CotWChoir) May 11, 2023
Lewis Capaldi has also confirmed he will be performing at the 2023 BAFTA TV Awards 😍https://t.co/uM7nKNbrm2— Dublin's Q102 (@Q102FeelGood) May 11, 2023
What else can I watch on BBC iPlayer?
Is BAFTA TV Awards 2023 available on Netflix?
The live event will not be available on Netflix.
Is the TV BAFTAs 2023 worth watching?
The TV BAFTAs 2023 is definitely worth watching if you are a fan of British television and enjoy seeing the biggest names in the industry being recognized for their outstanding work. The ceremony showcases some of the most impactful and brilliant TV moments from the past year, providing a great opportunity to celebrate the talent and creativity in the television industry.
The best VPN for streaming BAFTA TV Awards 2023 in the US on BBC iPlayer
ExpressVPN is a perfect choice for streaming the BAFTA TV Awards 2023 in the US on BBC iPlayer due to its fast speed and the ability to bypass geoblocks. With servers located in the UK, it is an ideal choice for accessing the British streaming service, and its MediaStreamer feature enables streaming on devices that don’t support VPNs.
Aside from its accessibility, ExpressVPN also offers strong security features, such as encryption, support for OpenVPN, DNS leak protection, and a kill switch. This makes it a reliable and secure option for those who prioritize online privacy and security. While it may be more expensive than some other VPNs, the performance and security features justify the cost.
For those interested in trying ExpressVPN, there is a 30-day money-back guarantee, and a coupon code is available to save money on subscription. Overall, ExpressVPN’s fast speeds, advanced security features, and ability to bypass geoblocks make it a solid choice for streaming the BAFTA TV Awards 2023 on BBC iPlayer.
NordVPN is a highly reliable VPN service that can help you watch the BAFTA TV Awards 2023 in the US on BBC iPlayer with ease. The service boasts a vast network of servers in the UK, ensuring fast and uninterrupted streaming of your favorite shows. You can easily connect to a compatible server and enjoy high-speed streaming without any lagging.
With over 5000 servers in 60 countries, NordVPN allows up to six device connections simultaneously, making it an ideal choice for families or anyone with multiple devices. In addition, the provider offers 24/7 live chat support, ensuring you can get assistance whenever you need it. You can even install NordVPN on your router to cover all your devices.
NordVPN’s UK network spans across five locations, making it easy to bypass the geoblocks of BBC iPlayer and access the BAFTA TV Awards 2023 from the US. With its fast speeds, reliable performance, and robust security features, NordVPN is an excellent choice for anyone looking to stream their favorite shows seamlessly.